Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm 23!

Today is my birthday! It doesn't feel like my birthday, though ... I've been working ALLLL day. I always slack on housework when it's the weekend ... And since this was a long weekend, I had work to do today! I can't stand for my house to be dirty ... So I made a to-do list and got to work! I did take a break between each room to respond to birthday wishes on Facebook and read the book I was working on ... It was a REALLY GOOD book so I wanted to finish it today! ("Shooting Kabul" by N.H. Senzai ... READ IT!) I didn't get entirely finished ... I still need to vacuum the whole house and clean out my car. AND I have a few more loads of laundry ... But I feel like I accomplished a lot today!

This morning, my friend Keshia's husband Myatt came over and helped me load up the giant tiller from yesterday and take it back to the equipment rental place. I NEVER could have picked that thing up myself ... In fact, he did most of the work! I then had to load up a lawnmower and weedeater to take back to the self-help store ... I am SO thankful my parents got us a lawnmower this weekend!! I will never have to load that other one in my car again!

Jack was one tired kid all day today! He played SO HARD outside yesterday ... He was still exhausted today! But by the time his daddy got home, he was ready to go back out. He has gotten over his fear of the big slide on the playground and he goes down it over and over again! There is a 6 or 7 year old boy that comes over to play on the playground with Jack a lot. Jack LOVES him! He gets Jack's ball and tells Jack to throw it different places and he'll bring it back to him. Jack just laughs and laughs ... It's so cute!

For supper tonight, I made homemade pizzas. (Well, the crusts were store bought!) This was Jack's first real pizza ... I had to use a dairy-free cheese, but everything else was just like our pizzas! He would barely try it! I was so sad ... He ended up scraping the toppings off and eating those but he wouldn't try the crust. :( I'll just have to try again in a few weeks!!

I got my Shark steam mop all put together today and mopped my floors! It didn't do as good a job as I had hoped, BUT it's a lot easier to use than the regular mop, especially when I have to go upstairs to mop the bathroom. Plus, the floor at least FEELS cleaner when you walk on it!

My in-laws sent me a birthday card with some cash today ... Wasn't that nice? I'm probably going to make a trip to Target and/or Kirklands to find more stuff for the house ... I can't wait!

Well, I'm pooped after a long day of cleaning! I finished a few books today, "Shooting Kabul," "The Van Gogh Cafe" by Cynthia Rylant, and "The Vicar of Nibbleswicke" by Roald Dahl. Now I'm reading "Caddie Woodlawn" by Carol Ryrie Brink. Also, I finished Exodus last night! Tonight, I start Leviticus ... I'm still about a month behind in my Bible reading, but I hope to catch up soon!

Goodnight all!

"And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you." Psalms 39: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment