Monday, February 28, 2011

Short/Long Weekend

Well, I know it's been awhile since I last posted ... But I have been so exhausted! The long weekend last weekend just made me confused for the whole week ... I think I did everything a day late! We had a Couples' Conference this weekend at church. It was based on the book Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. Devin and I have already read the book but we thought it would be interesting to see it actually presented. We really just watched a video alllll day long ... It wouldn't have been so bad, but Jack had to stay in the nursey all day and he was SUPER CRANKY by the time it was over. Not to mention, I had a HORRIBLE migraine ... I came home and went right to sleep for awhile. Devin was AMAZING, though ... He fed Jack, bathed him, and got him to bed ... I got up long enough to take some Tylenol but all that would really help a headache like that was a lot of sleeping in a pitch black room. I don't know why I get these headaches ... I'm hoping it's just my vision. I know I'm supposed to be wearing glasses ... I can't read anything more than a few feet away. I'm making an eye appointment within te next couple of weeks and hopefully that solves my problems! :)

Devin helped me get the house back in order on Sunday. Our yard is all finished and we are just waiting for out grass to sprout! I hope it does soon ... I hate having an all dirt backyard! Plus, Jack can't really play out there with it like that ... And when I take him out to the playground, he sometimes runs off so I'm constantly chasing him! I'm ready to have my yard back!

We finally got our free blooming onion giftcards in the mail from Outback. We went out to eat at Outback a few weeks ago ... We used some giftcards we got from my parents. The bill was a little more than the cards so we put the rest and the tip on our debit card. Well, I ALWAYS check our bank account online, sometimes twice a day ... And instead of having a $9.44 charge to our account, we had a $19.44 charge to our account! I know a lot of restaurants will sneak and do that because they think no one checks those things ... But we do and we were UPSET about it! Devin called Outback and they refunded the $10 they STOLE (because that's EXACTLY what they did) and they sent us some free coupons. I don't even like blooming onions, LOL ... But Devin does and he's happy. Plus we got our $10 back ... But still ... That is SO WRONG.

I got Jack a stuffed Spongebob today after I went to file our taxes ... He LOVES it! I tucked Spongebob in next to him tonight and he held his hand and gave him a kiss and said, "Night night bob bob!" SO CUTE! I just went in to check on him and he was all snuggled up to him!

Well I've finished SEVERAL books since the last time I posted ... I won't list them all. I bought Devin he's been wanting to read ... It's called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Weird, I know ... But he said it's really good and I've heard that from several people. It's supposed to have a lot of historical information in it. They are even making it into a movie next year. He wants me to read it as soon as he finishes it so we can "discuss" it, lol.

I'm really behind in my Bible reading, I'm so ashamed. :( I get so caught up with reading everything else in the world ... I know I should be reading my Bible first. I'm really going to try to get back at that.

This is all for now ... Hopefully I won't go so long without writing next time. :)

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:36

No comments:

Post a Comment