Thursday, February 17, 2011

My First Attempt at a Blog ... Since High School, Anyway!

So who remembers Xanga? I'm sure anyone who went to AGS remembers it ... It's how we stayed in touch before Mr. Zuckerberg decided to let high school seniors (who already had their new college email addresses) join Facebook. I suppose this can be my new Xanga ... I updated that thing ALL OF THE TIME. I also had nothing else to do ... But, maybe even now, with my mommy and wife responsibilities, I can keep this thing up to date! :)

Today has been a pretty good day! Jack and I got up a little later than planned (8 a.m.!) We worked on cleaning the house ... and I worked on new ways to trick Jack into eating things that are good for him! (Or at least fattening ... He needs some meat on his bones!) Telling him things are "cookies" or "french fries" USUALLY works ... But I had to get creative today when he refused to eat an oatmeal muffin because he wanted a "tuptake." A few minutes after his fit, he saw the big blueberry muffins IN CUPCAKE PAPER and exclaimed, "TUPTAKE!" I then proceeded to put cupcake paper on his oatmeal muffin and surprise, surprise ... He ate it. What a little stinker!

After getting the car from Devin, Jack and I made a trip to the self-help store on base. I discovered a pretty large fire ant hill in our backyard yesterday and I can get stuff to kill them for FREE at the self-help store ... You can't beat that! I ended up coming out with a garden hose, sprinkler, door knob covers for Jack, a new shower head, and a new air filter. I also checked out a lawnmower, weed eater, and rake. So let me ask you this ... Why doesn't anyone around here work in their yard?! That place has everything you need FOR FREE! I admit, I never got out in the yard to work when I lived with my parents ... But now that I have my own home (sort of, haha) and a yard for Jack to play in, I want it to be nice! The base gives you everything you need to do it ... You just have to get out there!

While Jack napped, I cleaned more of the house, did laundry, cleaned out & vacuumed my car, and swept the garage. When he woke up, he wanted to go outside, so I grabbed up my borrowed rake and got to work on the giant sandbox behind our house. I'm happy to announce, it's as clean as I could get it! Now Devin should be happy because we don't have to put a sandbox in the yard ... And the one behind our fence is big enough for about 30 kids to plan in! So everyone! Come have fun with Jack! :)

Finally, after Devin got home, we both kept changing the settings on the microwave while defrosting hamburger meat ... Needless to say, the hamburger meat got ruined. I won't say whose fault it was ... *cough cough* ;) but I ended up running out for Mickey D's & Subway. I guess we deserve it ... We've been really good about eating at home for ALL meals lately. I've been cooking and baking like CRAZY! I deserved a break! :)

Well, I guess it's time to go to sleep ... My parents will be here early in the a.m.! YAY! I need to read a few chapters of my Bible before I doze off ... I'm a little behind if I want to finish it in a year, but I'm almost finished with Exodus! I also finished two other books today ... "The Cat Who Went to Heaven" by Elizabeth Coatsworth (not very good, in my opinion) and "Miss Hickory" by Carolyn Sherwin Bailey (also not the greatest ... Very weird, actually). I started "Shen of the Sea: Chinese Stories for Children" tonight so maybe it will be a little better! Good night all! :D

"I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2

No comments:

Post a Comment